Case Management RN - Long Term Acute Care
LTAC Case Manager Job Summary:
** This is a Full Time, Benefits Available, CONTRACT position, expected to last 3 months, or longer! **
LTAC Case Manager Background:
- The Case Manager plays an integral part in the coordination of care assessing the member’s condition and providing them the necessary resources, options, and coordination for a healthy care outcome.
- The primary responsibility of the Nurse Case Manager is to coordinate and monitor the care of Health Plan members and develop a nursing plan of care.
- They will participate in interdisciplinary conferences to review clinical assessments, update care plans and determine follow-up frequency.
- The Case Manager also acts as an advocate for members and their families linking them to other members of the care team to help them gain knowledge of their disease process and to identify community resources for continued growth toward a maximum level of independence.
- Valid, unrestricted state or compact RN license.
- Certification in Case Management (CCM) is preferred.
- 2 years acute care clinical experience.
- At least 1 year conducting patient admissions and discharge planning
- 3-5 years experience with care coordination, utilization review and/or discharge planning.
- At least 1 year of Case Management experience is required in a LTC or acute setting.
- Basic computer literacy (MS Office) and typing skills are necessary.