LCSW or LMSW Medical Social Worker – Health Plan
Chandler, AZ (Phoenix East Valley)
*** Full-Time Opportunity that offers FREE Health Insurance & excellent PTO - includes birthday off with pay! ***
Medical Social Worker
* Can Start Remotely due to COVID-19 (after 1 week of training)! *
The Medical Social Worker understands the processes needed to ensure patient specific continuity of care during the transition to alternate levels of care. This individual is knowledgeable of development needs across all age groups including the elderly. Partners with the Discharge Planner/Care Managers to work with the patient, family, and physician to facilitate a safe and effective care transition plan that meets the needs of each patient.
Using a variety of therapeutic modalities, the MSW assists patients and families in the alleviation or resolution of social, financial, cultural and emotional problems and barriers related to the patients’ successful management of issues related to illness, health care and rehabilitation.
Provides psychosocial assessment, discharge planning, coordination, community referrals, and support/counseling.
Visits members in their home in conjunction with the Complex Care Management & Home Wellness Nurse Practitioners.
Medical Social Worker Background:
- Arizona LCSW or LMSW License
- Bachelor’s required – Master’s preferred
- A minimum of four years Social Work experience in a healthcare setting
- Experience in discharge planning in an acute care setting, complex psychosocial interventions, and well verse in community resource management
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Applicants must be detail oriented, able to function under pressure and able to re-prioritize tasks as needed
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously required
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Advance knowledge of computer usage will contribute to the applicant’s success at performing the job requirements of this position