Patient Scheduling Support Associate – Hospital System
Sun City, AZ
*** Full Time, Benefits Available, CONTRACT opportunity, expected to last several months, or longer! ***
Scheduling Associate Job Summary:
Scheduling Associate Background:
- Makes and responds to calls from patients, provider offices and facilities for scheduling services.
- Coordinates patients, facility resources, physicians, ancillary staff, documents, records, referrals, authorizations and insurance providers to effectively schedule medical procedures.
- Schedules tests and procedures in scheduling software system according to the guidelines established by the individual hospital departments and central scheduling standards.
- Obtains and documents prior authorizations, referrals, or other authorizations as required by facilities and insurance carriers.
- As assigned, collects pre-payments and verifies insurance coverage.
- Acquires and documents pertinent patient medical information in accordance with procedural guidelines.
- Provides patients with information, pre and post-test instruction and directions, location directions, and answers to questions. Refers questions to medical offices as appropriate.
- High School diploma or equivalent; Associate’s Degree preferred.
- At least 2 year of medical clerical experience; preferably in a physician or hospital central scheduling setting.
- Strong computer literacy (MS Excel, Word, Outlook, etc) and typing skills (30-40 WPM) are necessary.
- 1-2 years of prior outpatient testing or surgical scheduling experience is highly desired.
- Familiarity with medical terminology, customer service, or a call center background are also preferred.
- Must have basic grasp of medical terminology and clinical reports or documentation.
- Should poses basic business acumen, such as knowledge of the relationships between network providers, beneficiaries, and managed care organizations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to interact within all levels of the organization as well as with external contacts.
- Must be able to write clearly, concisely, and professionally about medical cases.
- Must be able to prioritize, plan, and handle multiple tasks/demands simultaneously.