View All Opportunities
REMOTE Inpatient CoderNationwide, NE · Healthcare
Inpatient Coder - CCS, CPC, RHIA, or RHIT
*Work From Home anywhere in the U.S*
- Reviews medical records and assigns accurate codes for diagnoses and procedures.
- Assigns and sequences codes accurately based on medical record documentation.
- Assigns the appropriate discharge disposition to medical records.
- Abstracts and enters the coded data for hospital statistical and reporting requirements.
- Communicates documentation improvement opportunities and coding issues to appropriate personnel for follow up and resolution.
- Maintains 95% coding accuracy rate and 95% accuracy rate for MS-DRG assignment and maintains site designated productivity standards.
- Maintains minimum production of 1 chart per hour or site-specific productivity standards.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Communicates professionally with co-workers, management, and hospital staff regarding clinical and reimbursement issues.
- Associate or Bachelor’ degree from AHIMA/AAPC certified HIM Program or Nursing Program or completion of certificate program with CCS preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language.
- A minimum of 1-5 years of coding experience in a hospital and/or coding consulting role.
- Experience in computerized encoding and abstracting software.
- Required to take and pass annual Introductory HIPAA examination and other assigned testing to be given
- Full-Time: Flexible Schedule/Hours
- Full Benefits: PTO, Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance, 401k Savings Plan, Tuition Reimbursement (& 20-24 Free CEUs per year), AAPC/AHIMA dues compensation
- Location: This role will be performed at one location (Remote/WFH)
- Additional Details: Academic and/or Teaching Facility experience required.